A Brumby Rockin' Experience
Brumby Rocker Chair Caning Class
January 22, 2017
Every want to learn how to cane your own rocking chair? Chair caning can be traced back thousands of years to ancient China. Materials for cane come from the rattan vine in The Orient, so it makes sense that this type of craftsmanship got its start in the region. Caned chairs in Western Europe became popular in the late 1700’s and throughout the 1800’s. During this time, having caned chairs in your home was a sign of wealth and affluence.
The Brumby Chair Company which got its start in 1875, offered its first rocking chair with caned backs and seats as part of their signature Brumby Rockers. The herringbone pattern with an over three and under three weave is the trademark style that has continued to this day. With over 140 years of caning their signature rocking chairs and passing the art down through generations, the Brumby Chair Company is still producing the most elegant rocking chair on the market.
The signature herringbone cane pattern found on Brumby Rockers is part of our rich history and is a process we want to share with our customers in a one of a kind Brumby Rockin' Experience. We feel sure you'll come as a novice and walk away an expert caner with a rich understanding of the history and craftmanship only found at The Brumby Chair Company.
Caning Class Details:
- Date: January 22, 2017
- Time: 1-5pm
- Location: Brumby Chair Company on the Marietta Square
- Class size will be limited to 12 participants.
- Purchase in advance necessary to reserve your spot. (No cancelations will be accepted, but credit can be used toward the purchase of a Brumby Rocker product)
- Participants will cane a Brumby Rocker footstool. We will provide all the materials you will need for the class.
Class will include:
- 3 hour caning instruction w/ Brumby Rocker caners
- 1 Footstool frame to cane in the class and take home (customers will reserve their stain color ahead of the class)
- 1 official Brumby Rocker caning kit to take home
- A walk through history of The Brumby Chair Company
- Tour of the manufacturing facility
Renowned as “the Rolls-Royce of rocking chairs” among designers and loyal collectors, Brumby® Rockers grace stately homes, from the Truman balcony of the White House, to sprawling verandas of luxury resorts and well-appointed rooms around the globe. For 140 years, Brumby has offered its customers the highest level of customer service and the assurance that Brumby® Rockers are unmatched in the market. Fine craftsmanship and attention to design and detail provides unequalled quality, comfort and durability. Restoration service is available for all items produced by The Brumby Chair Company. To-the-Trade is available for design professionals.
The Brumby Chair Company
37 West Park Square
Marietta, GA 30060
Tuesday – Saturday 10 am to 5 pm